Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Day Football

After eating my fill of turkey, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie, I moved over to the couch to watch three games of underwhelming football. Really, you get to play on Thanksgiving and you play unexciting football?!?
To start, the Packers-Lions game: Yes, I could call who was going to win this game but I really didn't want the Packers to win the game, they already have a perfect 10-0 (now ll-0) on the season, why add another win? It's uncalled for, and speaking of uncalled for did anyone see the play in the 3rd quarter? Ndamukong Suh (of the Lions) tackled Evan Dietrich-Smith (of the Packers) and shoved Evan's head into the ground then when players pulled him away he stepped on Evan's bicep. You tackled him and help slow down the Packers drive to the end zone, why shove his head into the ground? Suh was ejected from the game and should be suspended, but that's just my thoughts on the matter. Final Score: 27-15.

And the Cowboys won (Gaaaag) over the Dolphins. For awhile I thought that Miami was going to win but then the Cowboys scored a last second field goal. Humpf, why does it seem that they always come back in the last seconds of the game? They are really are starting to get under my skin. It may be that it's the cocky attitude that seems to ooze from Dallas. Final Score: 20-19

The final game of the night has been blaah. The Ravens and 49ers head coaches happen to be brothers, the Harbaughs to be exact. I was playing cards for most of the game but as I sit here typing, the score is 16-6; this hasn't been a good game to watch. Last year's games were much more fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment