Sunday, November 13, 2011

Kidnapping in Baseball

Pardon the delay on the post but I've been out of town in Florida at Walt Disney World. I didn't see any of last week's games but let me just say that it was a bad week and leave it at that.

Moving on to this week. On Wednesday, National's catcher Wilson Ramos was back in his home country of Venezuela playing in the winter baseball league. While sitting on his parent's front porch, eight armed men kidnapped him at gunpoint. Two days later on Friday he was rescued by Venezuelan police. Four Venezuelan men, an 74-year old man, and a 60-year old women were all taken into custody (the last two were giving and cooking food for the kidnappers). They are still looking for four Colombians who escaped. Ramos is shaken but is otherwise fine.

Football this week for the Redskins was, well, let's put it this way, if you lose to Miami than you really need to work on your team. Yes, the Skins lost to Miami who are 2-7 now after today's game. Oh and they played Grossman (he's gross). "Why would you play him?!" I yell at the face of Mike Shanahan who was talking to reporters after the game. "Beck is sooo much better!" But he calmly explained (probably because he couldn't hear me) that they put Grossman in because the O-line wasn't at their best (lousy is a better word for it but he's just to polite to say so) and Grossman has more experience than Beck in tough games. Fine, I don't like it but it makes sense. But you still need to do something, anything if you lose 20-9.

When will they learn? Steel always beats a tiger. As you can guess, the Steelers beat the Bengals in normal Steeler fashion. How's the Steeler way go, you ask? Well, try picking off the QB, scoring three touchdowns, and a field goal. That is a good game in my book. Steelers win it 24-17.

Right now I am watching the Patriots-Jets game. I have reached the point where I want to take the fastest plane up to the game and give the refs a peice of my mind; and since I'll be up there I'll give Rex Ryan a good talking to as well. He gets under my skin big time. I'll have an up date on who won the game tomorrow morning but right now Pats lead the Jets 23-9. If you don't watch football than you really should. This was the first game in awhile I have seen a safety stand after review. It happened in this game.


To conclude, hockey is amazing, football is great to watch, and I am still learning about baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment