Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Guest Blog #3 and #4

I asked my grandfather and cousin to write about their favorite teams. It happens that they like rival teams, the Steelers and the Ravens. First up, Insanely Awesome Ravens Fan.


Heyyyy, my cousin asked me to write about my favorite team, the RAVENS!!!!!  The Ravens have been doing great and I like Joe Flacco and Ray Rice.  They also beat someone (I won’t say) 32 to 7 *hint hint* Well I bet they will make it to playoffs (I will not bet money because I am broke but they will make it.) I do know they  are doing better than last year.  This is my second year of football so I am still getting used to some rules but I really get it more and more.  Well, that is it. :) <3
                    INSANE AWESOME RAVENS FAN  
Next is Pops.
The Steelers - looking back: While the Steelers are on top of pack right now the road there has been rocky. I place the difficulty on them not being prepared (games against the Ravens for example), and that sits squarely on the shoulders of coach Tomlin. Injuries, lately especially on defense, have contributed but the Steelers usually do a great job of anticipating and adjusting (as they have done with the offensive line). But, being on top is not a bad place to be!
Looking ahead: It is sad to see Hines Ward move down the depth chart, but at the same time a positive thing. That means that the young guns are moving up. The remaining schedule favors the Steelers but they face stiff competition from the Ravens and the Bengals, and the Ravens have the tie breakers. Unless the Steelers self destruct (think last quarters of games), the most important game for their future they do not even play in! That's the "battle of the brothers" Thanksgiving night: 49ers vs Ravens. I look forward to a rematch with the Packers in the Super Bowl - different outcome!


I'll have a post tomorrow about the Thanksgiving football games, if I can move from the couch...

No comments:

Post a Comment