Thursday, September 8, 2011

Plane Crash in Russia

Yesterday, a plane carrying 45 players and coaches of a KHL hockey team, crashed shortly after take-off, killing all but one player and a crew member. Alex Ovechkin had just taken to the ice for a work out when he heard the news, he had played with the lone player that survied in the juinor Russia league; other Capital's players knew some of those killed in the plane crash. Several of the others on the plane had either played in or had connections to the NHL here in the US. A former Red Wing player was one of the ones killed. My prayers go out to all those affected by the crash.

While on hockey matters: Pittsburgh Penguin star Sidney Crosby is still recovering from a double concussion he suffered earlier this year. He said it's likely he would be able to return for the regular season, but won't rush things. That's a good idea, I wouldn't want him rushing things either if I had suffered a double concussion or even a single one.


In the world of football, the regular season starts tonight with the Saints vs. the Green Bay Packers. Yea, football's back, I am  happy now! If anyone were to tell me that football had to be postponed due to {fill in your scenario here} I would die. OK, I would live but a little piece inside of me would die. 

In Redskin news, John Beck did not get the starting quarterback position, Rex Grossman did.  Humph. I do not agree with this decision.  Doesn't my opinion count??  Well, (a sensible person would tell me) you're not the coach of the team and so you don't have a say in the matter. Phooey, I should. Rex throws too many interceptions for my liking and I tend to like the underdog (who happens to be Beck in this case, although I thought he had it in the bag).

The rain has come again and I better post this before we lose power again. Stay safe and don't drive in standing water (unless you are in a boat... do they call that driving?).

2 comments:

  1. Well said. And I agree -- you SHOULD have a say in who is quarterback! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! Keep up the great blogging!

    ReplyDelete