Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Football and pre-season hockey

First I didn't mean to forget about writing but the ragweed is really bad by me and I might have had a cold. So about Sunday's games:

The Skins won 22-21 against the Cardinals. Not a big surprise, they played a team named after a bird! They could have stepped on them. Back to the game, it did come down to one point, and Graham Gano isn't that good on short kicks, like say a field goal, but it should work itself out in time. In my view if they stay this way they could be good but only good. Fix a few things here and there and you might be almost as good as the Steelers. In a small recap: The good, the D-fence is doing it's job which is sacking the QB and keeping the other team from winning. The bad, Rex is throwing interceptions which is bad and Gano is still in need of help with kicking. All in all not a bad game and they locked down when it counted.

Moving on to the Steelers. They bounced back nicely from their week 1 loss to the Ravens by crushing the Seahawks (ok, what is with all the bird teams this week? They're starting to bug me...) 24-0. Ok, the Seahawks didn't put up that much of a fight but still it does require work to score and win so not a bad performance. Just please try to win more and against harder opponents.


To one of the hottest teams in the league right now, the Patriots. With two wins under their belt and a ridiculous 940 yards passing for Brady and Company, need I say much more or are you starting to get why I called them one of the hottest teams in the league?? Their game was great, as to be expected. Final score 35-21.


Capitals had their first preseason game last night and lost to Nashville 2-0. But it was the first game and they might have been thinking about what Matt Bradley said after leaving the team. I'll let them get away with this loss but once the regular season starts I'll expect more from them like maybe a Stanley Cup.


That's all and I'll be more on time for the next post.

2 comments:

  1. bring it...good write ups...any word on Landry( is he out?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He said he's planning to play on Sunday against the Cowboys. I hope he can. Unfortunately I kinda feel bad about Tony Romo. (gag I just said that?!) With broken ribs and punctured lung he's still going to play.

    ReplyDelete