Sunday, June 19, 2011

U.S Open

So I usually don't watch golf or follow it for that matter but this is different. Rory McIlroy has won the  U.S Open and proved that he is THAT good; he may have messed up in the Masters but ending -16 is a very good make up. His dad was there to celebrate with him as he walked off the course. I was dumfounded at the end, the closest man was -8, that is just insane.  While watching this I may have been sucked into liking golf. McIlroy isn't like and I don't think will ever be like Tiger Woods (thank goodness). Woods is primadonna, really, he acts like a toddler, as if he owns the world, and that he is the greatest golfer ever all wrapped up in one. Does anyone remember the last time Woods played? I sure don't; maybe he feels threatened by the new guy from Northern Ireland who grew up in public housing with both parents working. Or maybe he's just done with golf. I really don't know but I like this Irishman better than a tiger who doesn't play.

In the baseball world, the Red Sox are two games ahead of the Yankes and finally the Nationals are doing well, so is Pittsburgh. Strange how one of the best (gag, I can't believe I just said that) teams stink (sort-of) and two of the worst are doing half way descent.

Finally yes, I am still celebrating Boston's Stanley Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment